Why do I need an ITAC Permit?


The International Trade Administration Commission (ITAC) Permit also known as an Import Permit, is generally required whenever the product being imported is “used” or “second-hand” goods. Even refurbished goods are considered second-hand and therefore are subject to the production of an Import Permit. This information on whether the goods are used or second-hand or not is obtained either from the commercial invoice description or the waybill description. A detailed step-by-step guide is available to help clients apply for an ITAC Permit correctly here.